As of right now, gwavmerger supports only CD-quality
WAV audio file format (Microsoft PCM, 16 bit, stereo 44100 Hz).
The files in this format, however, take a lot of space and make it
impractical for distribution over the internet. All of the audio
files in each example are, therefore, encoded to the
Ogg Vorbis format.
Follow these instruction for installation and decoding:
- Download samples for the languages you desire to test from
- Create test directory, let's say, Test/.
- Move downloaded files into Test/ directory.
- Unpack downloaded tarballs with
% tar xvfz FILE.tar.gz.
Each file unpacks into its own subdirectory. Each subdirectory
holds a collection of ogg files, a shell script
unpack.sh, and the
text of the example that can be viewed with gedit.
- Descend into each directory and execute
unpack.sh script to convert the
files from Ogg Vorbis to WAV PCM audio files.
- Follow the on-line manual
starting from "Create Project" section to create
the project file for your particular setting.
- Re-load the project and enjoy!
"The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins
This example constists of the very first paragraph of the book.